Gail Kasper, Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
To grow your business, you need repeat clients. So what do you have to do to get clients to come back?
That’s a question I would wonder about when I was launching my own business several years ago. As a brand new entrepreneur, I simply did not yet know the answers. (If you want to read about my early challenges as a fledgling business owner and how I overcame them, check out my book, Another Day Without A Cage.)
Now that I’ve been running my business many years, I know what it takes to build long-term relationships with clients, as evidenced by numerous repeat clients:
1. Over-Deliver. When you go the extra mile, clients notice. They see that you’re serious about customer service. They’ll be more inclined to grasp the value of your services when they realize they’re getting more for their money. They’ll want to work with you again, and they’ll even refer others to you.
2. Treat Them With Courtesy. No matter how demanding the client or how frazzled you may feel, never lose your cool. Always treat your clients with courtesy, respect and dignity. Foster a positive working relationship with your clients, and they’ll return.
3. Know Their Needs. Don’t be shy about asking exactly what they need. If the answer isn’t clear, ask more questions. No matter how great your products or services are, if you don’t quite meet each client’s unique needs, they won’t come back.
4. Progressive, Not Traditional. In some traditional business models, a client relationship is all about business: make the sale, deliver the goods, move on. While you need to be supremely professional, things don’t need to be so cut and dry between you and your client. You can adopt a more progressive model that engages the client to a much greater extent and meets more of their needs.
5. Keep In Touch. Periodically check back with clients and ask if they need anything at this time. If you have new services or programs to offer, let your clients know. You’ll surely get a degree of repeat business by keeping your clients posted on any new offerings they’ll find relevant.
About Gail Kasper:
Mid-1998, Gail Kasper started her business from a small one-bedroom apartment, with no money and no clients. Today, Gail is the host of the late-night television show Raw Reality, one of the nation's leading speakers, author, Top 1% Club Mentor, advice columnist, Certified Fitness Trainer, Ms. Continental America 2008, and the creator of SAD-T™ (Systematic Attitude Development- Technique™). A former Contributing Editor to Success Magazine with the "Ask Gail" column and host of the "Ask Gail" segment on the Comcast morning show, Gail is the author of her self-help autobiography Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment and the self-help parable Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals. With national media appearances that include Inside Edition, The Today Show, FOX Business News, and Oprah and Friends, Gail has earned the ranking of an in-demand national media personality who has been the topic of discussion on Regis and Kelly. Also, the current host of the Philadelphia Visitors Channel, she has also made numerous appearances on network affiliates that include ABC, FOX, CW11, Comcast, and CBS, where she co-hosted the Emmy award- winning America's TVJobNetwork. www.gailkasper.com
This article is courtesy of the Top 1% Club and the Top 1% Club Mentor Gail Kasper. For additional information on Gail Kasper, her television appearances and speaking engagements, please visit gailkasper.com.