Gail Kasper is an Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
“All right, America! says Gail Kasper, Let’s not fall prey to our own perceived limitations. It’s time to take the bull by the horns and take control of our lives.” Yes, we’re dealing with a struggling economy. All the more reason, we have to take action and get creative. Our goal is to do more than “survive,” it is to ‘thrive.’” Here are 10 things you can do to put more money in your pocket and take steps toward a peaceful state of mind!
1. Get organized. Some statistics say that Americans waste up to 9 million hours per day searching for things. How can you be productive or focus on a bright future, if you are disorganized. Being organized will open your mind to the creative process and open the door to take action on productive activities that can make a difference. Using your daily planning system, identify 3 specific action steps and the days and times you will get started to get more organized.
2. Brainstorm with friends. It will not help to hide from your reality. Many people do not want to talk about “how bad things are.” This is understandable, but if you are doing the same activities with no results, you must clearly look at where you are so that you can change direction. When you deal with what is “real,” you will come up with a plan to change it. You will also have a support system to help you get there. Please keep in mind that it may be the “solution” you are hiding from. None-the-less, your goal is to get out of the “pain” and into “peace.” It may not be the ideal choice, but ultimately, will move you to your goal at a much quicker pace.
3. Attend a Networking event. Are you considering a career change? Are you spending more energy trying to get a career working, that isn’t working. Somebody is making money. Isn’t it time to find out who? Get out there and network! A Google search can lead you to various networking events. You just want to make certain that you talk to enough people when you are there.
4. Turn your hobby in dollars and cents. Do you love to sell on e-bay? Why not talk to friends and family about selling their “stuff.” Do you quilt? Do you have an attic full of antiques? If you love candles, why not buy them bulk…and then turn a profit at the local flea market. Whether you sell things on e-bay or stop by your local flee market, these activities will earn you extra cash. The question is, what do you love to do and how can you “make money” from doing it? Doing what you love is also a great confidence booster!
5. Develop a new skill. Perhaps you have tuition reimbursement at your company or your local community college is right down the street. Knowledge is power and it makes you more marketable. In struggling times, you must always develop “you!” This is the number one “must do” in challenging times as it creates a stronger you and keeps you going.
6. Get creative with your current job. Some companies offer the opportunity to be paid out on unused vacation. Or is it necessary to take that much needed break and a few days off? Will carpooling save you time and money? Is your company looking to develop people in a specific way to market new products? Is your companies looking for people who can withstand these tough times, take on more responsibility, with a goal to see who will rise to the surface. (These candidates will also make great leaders for the company when the tide turns.) Learn the behind-the-scene goals of your company and be a strong part of their future.
7. Do it the SAD-T way. Stress and emotion will only slow you down whereas logic will enhance your plan and keep you moving forward. As you know, Systematic Attitude Development-Technique can keep you focused on a plan that delivers results and a positive attitude. Plan your day, everyday to stay focused on your end goals.
About Gail Kasper: Mid-1998, Gail Kasper started her business from a small one-bedroom apartment, in the middle of bankruptcy, with no money in the bank. Today, Gail is one of the nation's leading speakers, author, Top 1% Club Mentor, a television host, advice columnist, Certified Fitness Trainer, Ms. Continental America 2008, and the creator of SAD-T™ (Systematic Attitude Development-Technique™). A former Contributing Editor to Success Magazine with the "Ask Gail" column and host of the "Ask Gail" segment on the Comcast morning show, Gail is the author of her self-help autobiography Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment and the self-help parable Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals. With national media appearances that include Inside Edition, The Today Show, FOX Business News, and Oprah and Friends, Gail has earned the ranking of an in-demand national media personality who has been the topic of discussion on Regis and Kelly. The current host of the Philadelphia Visitors Channel, she has also made numerous appearances on network affiliates that include ABC, FOX, CW11, Comcast, and CBS, where she co-hosted the Emmy award-winning America's TVJobNetwork. www.gailkasper.com
This article is courtesy of the Top 1% Club and the Top 1% Club Mentor Gail Kasper. For additional information on Gail Kasper, her television appearances and speaking engagements, please visit gailkasper.com.