Gail Kasper, Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
Tired of hearing how bad snacking is for you? Well, I’m here with great news. Not all snacking is detrimental to your health. In fact, the right types of snacks can give you a burst of energy to keep you going strong the whole day through!
So toss aside the guilt – and toss out any unhealthy snacks left over in your kitchen – and instead stock up on these nutritious items perfect for healthy snacking:
1. Whole Grain Toast: A heart-healthy way to satisfy your cravings. Enjoy a crunchy slice of whole-grain toast either plain or with a bit of low-fat or no-fat cheese.
2. Low-sodium Vegetable Juice: A great, convenient way to take in beneficial minerals and vitamins.
3. Apple: Whether you bite into a delicious, juicy apple, or you enjoy a comforting baked apple (keep it plain – don’t add sugar or butter), you can be sure that you’re treating yourself to a healthy, guilt-free snack that supplies your body with a boost of vitamin C and a dose of good-for-you fiber.
4. Unsalted Nuts: Packed with protein and healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids, unsalted nuts including almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans will satisfy your midday hunger. Just a few nuts are all it takes to feel full a long time.
5. Assorted Veggies: Slice up some carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, or any of your favorite raw veggies for crunchy, wholesome snacking any time of day.
6. Banana: Naturally sweet and creamy, bananas will satisfy any sweet tooth and keep hunger at bay while supplying much needed potassium.
The keys to healthy snacking are moderation and good choices. For more guilt-free snacking ideas, check out these resources:
American Heart Association, Healthy Snacking Mayo Clinic, Snacks U.S. News, Healthful Snacks
About Gail Kasper:
Mid-1998, Gail Kasper started her business from a small one-bedroom apartment, with no money and no clients. Today, Gail is the host of the late-night television show Raw Reality, one of the nation's leading speakers, author, Top 1% Club Mentor, advice columnist, Certified Fitness Trainer, Ms. Continental America 2008, and the creator of SAD-T™ (Systematic Attitude Development- Technique™). A former Contributing Editor to Success Magazine with the "Ask Gail" column and host of the "Ask Gail" segment on the Comcast morning show, Gail is the author of her self-help autobiography Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment and the self-help parable Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals. With national media appearances that include Inside Edition, The Today Show, FOX Business News, and Oprah and Friends, Gail has earned the ranking of an in-demand national media personality who has been the topic of discussion on Regis and Kelly. Also, the current host of the Philadelphia Visitors Channel, she has also made numerous appearances on network affiliates that include ABC, FOX, CW11, Comcast, and CBS, where she co-hosted the Emmy award- winning America's TVJobNetwork. www.gailkasper.com
This article is courtesy of the Top 1% Club and the Top 1% Club Mentor Gail Kasper. For additional information on Gail Kasper, her television appearances and speaking engagements, please visit gailkasper.com.