Gail Kasper is an Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
I hear over and over how more and more people feel that life is moving too quickly, that the days turn into weeks, turn into years. It seems like a moment,s notice when you are 10 years older. So where does the time go? In an effort to keep you on track with your life and goals, below please find 10 "in a box" Time Management Tips:
1. Turn off e-mail. As difficult as this may be in our crackberry world, too much e-mail is too much distraction. Remember, responding to e-mail is a reactive task that should be performed twice a day. Instead, focus on Proactive tasks to help you up-level your life, and reach your goals.
2. Use the filters. If you know it's trash, add the sender's name to your 'blocked' senders list. This way future messages never mix with the important ones.
3. Hire a VA, that's right, a Virtual Assistant. Virtual Assistants are remote office administrators who can handle various office duties like large mailings, contact management, social site management and blogging. You can hire them for a single project, or on an ongoing basis.
4. Create your to-do list. Getting into the habit of creating a 'To Do' list goes a long way;and check them off as you go. The 'check off' leaves a very positive feeling, then, at the close of the day, make a list of the tasks to complete the next day. This closure step will help you end the day on a positive so that you don't have to leave unfinished projects to chance.
5. Restrict meeting duration. To manage your meetings efficiently is to begin on time and end on time. Everyone has a schedule and to keep everyone focused, it is important to stick within that schedule. Busy attendees will really appreciate this move and it will keep your schedule on track.
6. Put your filing system in order. If you are wasting a lot of time looking for receipts and invoices, or anything else for that matter, it will slow you down. Immediately create folders, and keep a stack on your desk for immediate use.
7. Pre printed lists. Have pre printed lists of groceries, supplies etc, and make a list of office supplies that are regularly used and post it on a bulletin board close to your desk. Just check off the supplies that you need when you run low, so you will remember what you should reorder.
8. Templates. Make use of templates for repeat projects, if you have daily, weekly or monthly reports to write, or you spend a lot of time calculating numbers manually, which could be done on a spreadsheet. Make use of templates for reuse and cut down on your preparation time.
9. Leftovers. Freeze the leftovers. You may have some servings left from the night's dinner, which nobody will want tomorrow. Put it in a safe container in the freezer and keep it for lunch or as a quick dinner option in the following weeks!
10. Delegate chores. You have to designate daily chores to everyone in your family. Break the kids' habit of constant video games playing for just 20 minutes and make them help with garbage duty, vacuuming, dishes or taking care of the pets. Delegate one chore to everyone, every day, and this will lighten the load. You can make it fun by offering rewards after they finish!
10+ Don't forget to make time for yourself. The most important time management tip! You won't be any good to anyone if you are miserable and sleep deprived! Everyone around will benefit when you have a balanced life and your priorities are in order!
About Gail Kasper:
Mid-1998, Gail Kasper started her business from a small one-bedroom apartment, with no money and no clients. Today, Gail is the host of the late-night television show Raw Reality, one of the nation's leading speakers, author, Top 1% Club Mentor, advice columnist, Certified Fitness Trainer, Ms. Continental America 2008, and the creator of SAD-T™ (Systematic Attitude Development- Technique™). A former Contributing Editor to Success Magazine with the "Ask Gail" column and host of the "Ask Gail" segment on the Comcast morning show, Gail is the author of her self-help autobiography Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment and the self-help parable Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals. With national media appearances that include Inside Edition, The Today Show, FOX Business News, and Oprah and Friends, Gail has earned the ranking of an in-demand national media personality who has been the topic of discussion on Regis and Kelly. Also, the current host of the Philadelphia Visitors Channel, she has also made numerous appearances on network affiliates that include ABC, FOX, CW11, Comcast, and CBS, where she co-hosted the Emmy award- winning America's TVJobNetwork. www.gailkasper.com
This article is courtesy of the Top 1% Club and the Top 1% Club Mentor Gail Kasper. For additional information on Gail Kasper, her television appearances and speaking engagements, please visit gailkasper.com.