Gail Kasper is an Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
Take this QUIZ:
It's time we take control of our health, career, and our lives. According to Net Wellness, women have the greatest challenge with weight loss and obesity, but many men struggle to stay in shape, as well.
Do you have ANY junk food in your house? Yes / No
Do you exercise 3 to 4 times per week for 40 minutes per day? Yes / No
Do you have realistic goals? Yes / No
Do you weigh your food? Yes / No
Do you give up too quickly? Yes / No
IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" TO 4 OR MORE OF THE ABOVE,
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL TIPS
1. Don't tempt yourself unnecessarily. Get rid of the junk food and replace it with raw vegetables and fruit.
2. Preferred exercise includes cardio for 40 minutes per day, 3 times/week and strength training 2 times/week. How do you rate? Walking is a great running substitute. Do you know approximately how many calories you would burn if you walked a 20 minute mile and completed 3 miles? Answer: 215 Calories.
3. Though you may want to lose weight immediately, a realistic weight loss goal is 1 - 2 pounds per week. Don't rush the process! As a matter of fact, use 1-2 pounds as your weekly weight-loss goal.
4. Four-six ounces of chicken or turkey may be "more" or "less" than you think. When following a specific diet, take the time to weigh your food so that you are not absorbing more calories than necessary. Getting a food scale is as easy as going to Target. Their cost is approximately $25.
5. Giving your weight loss program a week or two is not enough. Change is an evolutionary process. Consistency is key whether you are changing a bad habit or losing weight. You must follow the plan and do it consistently to get the results you want. Good habits will always lead to good results and a better you!
About Gail Kasper:
Mid-1998, Gail Kasper started her business from a small one-bedroom apartment, with no money and no clients. Today, Gail is the host of the late-night television show Raw Reality, one of the nation's leading speakers, author, Top 1% Club Mentor, advice columnist, Certified Fitness Trainer, Ms. Continental America 2008, and the creator of SAD-T™ (Systematic Attitude Development- Technique™). A former Contributing Editor to Success Magazine with the "Ask Gail" column and host of the "Ask Gail" segment on the Comcast morning show, Gail is the author of her self-help autobiography Another Day Without A Cage: My Breakthrough From Self-Imprisonment To Total Empowerment and the self-help parable Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals. With national media appearances that include Inside Edition, The Today Show, FOX Business News, and Oprah and Friends, Gail has earned the ranking of an in-demand national media personality who has been the topic of discussion on Regis and Kelly. Also, the current host of the Philadelphia Visitors Channel, she has also made numerous appearances on network affiliates that include ABC, FOX, CW11, Comcast, and CBS, where she co-hosted the Emmy award- winning America's TVJobNetwork. www.gailkasper.com
This article is courtesy of the Top 1% Club and the Top 1% Club Mentor Gail Kasper. For additional information on Gail Kasper, her television appearances and speaking engagements, please visit gailkasper.com.